Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 2: Terry's First Catch






4/18/2010, Sunday, 1700 Zulu, Lat. 11 05.9 N, Long. 080 05.5 W, Day 2

I just got off my watch (from 3AM to 6 AM) and had just an hour of sleep and Terry came and woke me and said “Dinner is now served”. He caught our first fish (about 7 lbs.) on this trip. It’s a Wahoo. It is known for its good eating quality. It is long and round with no scales and one center bone. I immediately got up with my camera and took pictures, then helped him to clean; well actually I filleted and cleaned the fish while he held it down on the port beam toe rail. I filleted two pieces from the belly for sashimi with lime, soy sauce and parsley. Then I cut about 4 pieces of steak to be cooked later. The rest we tossed overboard. Terry cleaned and scrubbed the deck while I went to task to prepare the sashimi. It was delicious. Now that he had caught his fish, Terry thought he could blog all day and I would have to stop nagging him about using up the precious amps on the boat. He even threatened to hide my SMS to trade for blogging time. BTW, you should all check out his logbook on his blog: www.svlivingwater.com

The wind is still light and we are still motoring. Hope the wind will pick up later. Last check on our progress, our 24 hour noon-to-noon track was 101.1 nm to Sueno. Still 197nm to go. We’ll be there in two days under the present conditions.

Dinner tonight will be pan seared Wahoo Steak with stir fried red and yellow peppers, served with Couscous w/Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment